This free 35-minute presentation in SPANISH by an immigration lawyer is designed to be used by churches and community organizations that want to educate their members about immigrants’ rights.
Instructions for organizers:
- Set a date and time for your community members to watch the class. For example, at the beginning of your monthly meeting or after Sunday Announce it ahead of time so that people can plan to attend.
- Print handouts: 2017 Emergency Plan Handout – SP
- Request free keychains and “Know Your Rights” wallet cards if you would like. Just email email@example.com or call (317) 247-5040 and let us know how many you will need.
- Make sure you have the capability to play the video from YouTube at your event. Click here to go to the video. If you need a flash drive with a copy of the video presentation, just email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (317) 247-5040 and we will send one to you.
- The day of the presentation:
- Play the video
- Give handouts to the participants and encourage them to fill one out for each member of their family to keep at home.
- Give out keychains and wallet cards.
- Let participants know they can get a free case review by contacting our office. This is optional. We DO NOT recommend that the community organization keep copies of anyone’s personal information.
- Contact us with feedback! What worked and what didn’t? What types of questions did your group have?